Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 16

Wikis aren't totally new to me (a couple of months ago, I joined one as part of a team in one of my classes, for the purpose of sharing information for a project). But, I do wonder about using them as a classroom teacher now, and as a librarian in the future. I enjoyed looking at ways they are used. I especially like the example at Book Lovers Wiki. This is now a "snapshot in time," capturing the book reviews offered during one particular library's summer reading program. That's something I could see myself doing. I especially like how this wiki looked. It looked like a "regular" website. Sometimes, wikis look stark, plain, and drab. This one had flair.

I could see having a wiki for library programs you might conduct -- book fairs, bluebonnet book reviews, etc. But, when I create one, I want it to look interesting, like the sample one I mention above.

No comments: