Sunday, February 7, 2010

11.5 Thing 7 Video Resources

This was an opportune time to be working on this "thing." I was looking for something very basic for my 2 preschool classes about plants growing from seeds. I looked at totlol, but they wanted you to pay a fee to join. Then, I looked at Blinkx, but the video I found wasn't loading within the district. Then I noticed that next to the video was a blurb about going to Sesame Street's website for videos, so I went there and found the same video, and it will load in the district. Here's the short video I found and plan to use next week with my preschool classes:
http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/33412479-f663-4937-9457-014f1c95de0d/mrs_obama_plants_a_garden

I found the second video I'll mention here at neok12.com. This is a well organized video website, in my opinion. I have used it successfully before. This video, covering the phases of the moon, is for my 5th graders:
http://www.neok12.com/php/watch.php?v=zX6b5c7f0456765261795b6b&t=Moon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NeoK12 has a few videos on plant growth as well. Check under the Time Lapse videos category.

VWB said...

thanks for the note about the site that asks for a fee...used to be free so needs to be taken off!