Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing 10



This was a fun activity. I made a comic (right) using comic strip generator. It was pretty easy to do, very user friendly.


I also made a fake magazine cover (below) using fake magazine cover, featuring my hubby and manx. The magazine cover was fun -- but confusing. I had to try it a few times before being successful. It could certainly be more user friendly.



I am a little shy to use most of these generators in the classroom, simply because many had inappropriate images available (nude woman, etc.) And I know many of my 5th graders would go right to those images, unless they were blocked. Not that I'm for blocking everything! I think trading cards could be used for fun vocabulary reinforcement.


3 comments:

Nice Guy said...

THe magazine maker is a bit confusing at first. What would you suggest be done to make it easier? What did you find difficult?

I ask because it's my site and I am the programmer/developer...

Mrs. McClendon said...

I think the confusing part is after you choose the magazine. At that point, it's not clear what to do next -- there are too many options, perhaps. Maybe that's the point where you could number the steps or options. Overall, I really do like the magazine maker!

Mrs. Estupinan said...

Your magazine cover turned out cute!! I couldn't get my picture to line up just right, but it's still a cool tool. I have agree with you about being hesitant to allowing kids to play with the tools since there are inappropriate pictures. Image chef had some really great tools, and they seemed to be much more appropriate. Good luck with school!!