Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 23

I can't believe I'm writing my blog for Thing 23! It seems like just yesterday I started this journey of discovery, which is exactly what it was. Well, here are my replies to the questions for Thing 23:

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercise on this learning journey? I think my favorite was creating my blog and my avatar! I really enjoyed that. I know it was a small thing to do, now. But at the time, it made me feel like I could really do something!

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I’ve always considered myself a lifelong learner. This program has reinforced this belief. I know that I will always be striving to learn new technology, and not be so scared of it.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? One surprise was teacher tube. I didn’t know such a thing was out there. Another surprise was how easy some of this is to do. Many of the tools are so user friendly.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? My suggestion is to offer 11 ½ Things, or some such smaller version. The format was fine – although everyone knows that you end up learning so much more than 23 Things!

5. IF we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Yes. I have learned so much from this – much more than I have from any other technology class I’ve taken.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Worthwhile!

2 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing the 23 Things! Hope youwill keep your blog going and share all your classroom ideas and other thoughts.

LC said...

Wow, I've just finished through #7. Hope I can keep plugging and finish by the deadline. Congratulations! And thanks for the "fix" for my Avatar. I shared it with another person. Enjoy your journey in becoming a librarian. It is the BEST job in the world.