Sunday, March 7, 2010

11.5 Thing 10 Virtual Worlds

After reading so much about Second Life, I was eager to give it a try. Easy to do. I really enjoyed creating my avatar -- I can see how you could lose hours of your life in this! I have a hard enough time keeping my farm up in Farmville (Facebook) -- I don't think I can handle SL too much. But I loved flying! I'm sure I'll spend more time in SL.

However, I can see how teens would be very attracted to SL. It is very much like the RPG games many of them love to play. It would certainly keep student interest if you were showing them how to find information in SL! Although, since you must be at least 13 to create a SL account, I do not see my students in an elementary school using this. Perhaps in the future there will be something similar for elementary.

No comments: