Sunday, March 7, 2010

11.5 Thing 11 Digital Citizenship

Digital Citizenship involves many things. To help my students be good digital citizens, I will include in my lessons on the subject these topics: internet safety, netiquette, cyber-bullying, copyright, and website evaluation. These are not topics that you can mention once. You must reinforce them again and again (and hopefully the classroom teachers will help with this). In our district, we are using the Isafe lessons, and I find them pretty good combined with the brainpop videos.

1 comment:

VWB said...

I think because of the good work you all are doing with younger students, it will make the whole process easier throughout the district...in a very short time, hopefully all students will know what is best to do to be good digital citizens...then we could spend more time on the fun stuff of learning, couldn't we!